Wednesday 26 April 2017



Image result for When you reach me


4 Hook Question: When someone randomly punches Sal, he ditches Miranda. Will Miranda and Sal ever be friends again?

5 Blurb: By sixth grade, Miranda and her best friend, Sal, know how to navigate their New York City neighborhood. They know where it's safe to go, and who to avoid. Like the crazy guy on the corner. 
But things start to unravel. Sal gets punched by a kid on the street for what seems like no reason, and he shuts Miranda out of his life. The apartment key that Miranda's mom keeps hidden for emergencies is stolen. And then a mysterious note arrives, scrawled on a tiny slip of paper.

I am coming to save your friend's life, and my own.
I ask two favors. First you must write me a letter.

The notes keep coming, and Miranda slowly realizes that whoever is leaving them knows things no one should know. Each message brings her closer to believing that only she can prevent a tragic death. Until the final note makes her think she's too late.

6 Text to Text- Text to Self- Text to world: I think this book can be similar to Diary of A Wimpy Kid #8 Hard Luck. In both stories, the main characters lose their best friend, then at the end get back their former best friend.
I could be similar to Miranda in a way because I know how to navigate my neighborhood.
This book can be similar to the world because in the future people may figure out that time travel is possible.

7 Your views on the book and why? Were there any messages the author was trying to get across?: One thing that I really liked about this book is that there was a mystery that wasn't solved throughout the whole story but clues were given. Finally, at the end of the book, the mystery was revealed. I don't think that the author was trying to get across any important messages.

8 Do you recommend this book for others? Why or why not? What age group is it suited to?: I recommend this book for kids who like reading books with a huge mystery and sudden changes in actions. 8-12 is the age group this book suits.

9 Star rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment